Replacing boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shamstar

Hello again.

I posted back in Oct post 370281 - This gives a basic layout of our system. (Won't allow me to post a direct link)

Unfortunately the boiler died within a few days and I have now found a replacement second hand boiler.

The old one was a Potterton RS 80 floor standing (3 connections - Gas, Flow and Return) and the replacement is a Potterton MF 80 which is also floor standing.

The replacement has 3 connection on the rear - Flow and Return (Gravity) but there is also a connection for Return (Pumped) which looking at Page 4 of the manual (will try to post below) comes off the Return Gravity

My question is simply do I simply connect to the Return (gravity) and if so, would I need to cap off the Return (pumped) ?

The Gas connection would be done by a qualified engineer.

I would have the whole install done by qualified persons by circumstances are pretty dire at the moment.

Tried to post links to boiler manuals, but had to remove them - Will try again below

old post detailing layout of heating system ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/41723-central-heating-header-tank.html#post370281

You won't get any advice and I expect the thread will be closed.

old post central-heating-forum/41723-central-heating-header-tank.html#post370281

seeing as you plan to hire a suitably qualified engineer, why not choose one and let him tell you.
you will not receive info on an open forum about connections to a boiler which may be dangerous, particularly as you come across as planning to do it yourself.

also second hand boiler? could be very dangerous and you have neither the skill,knowledge or equipment to test it.

call a local engineer!

i would not fit a second boiler even the fact that you planning to fit a open flued boiler, you Could be putting your self and family at risk, Tbh if you called me and asked me to fit ityou would get a no answer, i bet you will also find alot of GSR will not fit it. Safety First

You should really try to find a way to finance a new boiler fitted correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Back