Replacing hot water cylinder.... Help! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing hot water cylinder.... Help! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

R

redcuckoo

Hi,

Im about to replace my vented indirect hot water cylinder for a larger one due to lack of hot water. I have bought an identical cylinder, ie vented and indirect but larger in size and i have noticed a couple differences. 1, on all the connections i was expecting them to be external threads so i use could compression fittings but this is not the case, they are all internal threads, so what sort of connections would i use for these??? 2, on the cold water feed side of the cylinder there is also another fitting higher up which i do not have on my original tank, could anyone tell me what this is for???

I would be grateful of any help!

Male iron and maybe hot secondary return pics would help

Hi,

Just to add its a stainless steel cylinder. Ive added some pics. 1 of the top showing the detail of the outlet thread and another pic of the cold feed side. SAM_0006.jpg

Yea secondary return or a separate pump outlet and your looking for either 1 inch to 22mm or 3/4 to 22mm depending on tapping

The cylinder we have at the moment holds about 90 litres and is hooked up to a power shower so its empty in about 5 minutes even when the boiler is switched on heating the cylinder and the immersion. Thats why i bought a 200 litre cylinder, its the same vented indirect and the water cistern is about 2 mtrs above in the apex of the loft.

On the opposite side of the cylinder is the two fittings for the feed and return of the boiler.

Silly if your Mrs can use all that hot water up having a shower.
Very wasteful. To have used all the hot water in your cylinder would have required cold water to have been mixing as well. That must be 40 or 50 gallon!

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Back