Replacing Keston C40 problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing Keston C40 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeb

Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am looking for some advice on replacing my Keston C40 boilers. My house is a large self build (5000 ft2 5 bed 4bath) and has underfloor heating throughout. I originally fitted two Keston C40 boilers when I built the house 5 years ago. One boiler runs the underfloor heating and runs at 40 deg to keep it condensing, there is no mixing valve, the other boiler does the large mains pressure stored water cylinder and the towel rails, and runs at 65 deg it was also intended to heat the swimming pool which I have never got round to building.

My problem is that the Kestons are a pile of Junk. One of them deveoped a split in the internal corrugated exhaust hose, which allowed damp flue gases into the boiler casing causing loads of damage to the fan, and pcb etc. The other one has developed a leak in the heat exchanger which I did not realise was there, as I had autofill valves on the filling loops. Thus I only realised there was a problem when the boiler would not ignite. I took out the electrode to discover the combustion chamber was wet inside. when I opened the boiler up the inside of the combustion chamber was full of limescale (see picture), so it must have been leaking for some time.

I have cobbled together the underfloor heating boiler using the heat exchanger from the other boiler, and am currently heating the water by electric. I need to replace the two boilers before it packs in again, and was wondering if anyone could advise on the best boiler or combination of boilers for the job.

Attachments

• keston C40.jpg
    keston C40.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi reeb and :welcome: to the forum :)

Good luck with the help you're looking for. It may pay to have a few folk around to give you advice to be honest. Each and every one of us will have our own individual thoughts on what would be best but a site visit is a definite!

If you get no joy with this post, drop a request in the "looking for a plumber/gas engineer" forum..

I hope you get sorted soon :)

if youve no plans for the swimming pool then you will not need 2x40kws this time so youll need to recalc total load before you decide i agree keeston are a pile of do do and probably the worst back up ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Don’t know what he’s talking about as the...
Replies
Views
Defo the cartridge not seating, probably had...
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Back