replacing powermax 155x with intergas combi ? ? | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss replacing powermax 155x with intergas combi ? ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
been asked to quote for fitting an Intergas boiler.
old guy on the phone, turned up thinking it would be a basic easy swap.
the road has a load of OAP bungalows so thought it would be one of those.
turns out to be in the block of flats opposite, guy opens a cupboard door to show me the existing boiler-powermax 155x
monster of thing, figured it was a combined boiler thermal store.

the boiler is in an internal space and the flue goes up then across through the ceiling, the guy is aware that this will need addressing come new year, the current boiler is working but his daughter has recently had an intergas fitted so he wants one.

so have it in mind to fit the combi HRE 28/24 in a kitchen cupboard, flue direct to outside and run water/gas pipes along kitchen wall back to original boiler cupboard.
radiator system is currently sealed, hot water is mains fed (or at least I think that's the case).

just after confirmation really that I have not missed/overlooked anything?? :nonod:..the existing boiler looks intimidating!.:baby:

Sounds fine to me, you've obviously covered all the bases. How long does your ladder need to be?

its only the middle flat out of 3, got a ladder plenty big enough

Don't forget that the powermax is a real beast and will need stripping to get out. There's a chuffing great copper cylinder in the middle.

Took one out last week, stripped it down. Absolutely beautiful copper cylinder inside, weighed in at 33kg.

Was a beast to take out and lift down the stairs, but worth it.

You'll definitely need help taking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Moved off open forum.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Hi all Last year we renovated the house we...
Replies
Views
Back