Replacing push fit Osma Gold for something else - tap change | DIY Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing push fit Osma Gold for something else - tap change in the DIY Plumbing Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I know the fittings I have are Wavin Osma Gold and have done a fair bit of research into them, I just wanted to confirm once I try and demount the fitting with bent circlip pliers and discard the Osma, as long as I keep the original insert on the lower plastic main part.

That I will be ok to use Hep2o or JG speed fit etc?

The grey pipe is also Wavin and seeing as unless I cut the lower copper and used compression to flexis which I want to avoid I don't have much else choice other than buying old/new stock Osma fittings.

Also just for my curiosity could I add normal 15mm isolators onto the original pipe with original inserts as long as the olive is copper (I have read) and then plumb off of that however I like?.

462539593_476315188744013_1166220590421639530_n.jpg

Yep just need to cut the grab ring off with some elec snips but your fine after

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Same here bud I did some ASK resurants and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Forget the tap tail adaptors in this case...
Replies
Views
T
Osma gold, we used them back in the late 90s...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Back