Replacing simple flick switch with timer on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing simple flick switch with timer on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itnorfolk

Hey Guys,

I have a standard hot water boiler installed, and there is a standard switch to turn it on and off....

I want to replace this with a little 24h timer, enabling me to set it to come on and turn off....

I bought an LG-DIHT timer switch
1.jpg

IMG_0602[1].jpg
On the rear the is quite simply AC, COM, then something that looks like WO or NO etc...

Inside my standard switch is:

the live, neutral and earth from the mains, and the boiler as a normal connection...

My question - What goes where? I'm assuming that AC is live in, COM is the grounds and the other connection is the boiler live and the earths are just joined in a block?

Any ideas?

NO stands for Normally Open and NC stands for Normally Closed.

Assuming you don't have the instructions for the timer, I would expect the NO to have zero volts on its, going to 230V when the timer is "On".

I'd wire as follows:
Mains in: Live to AC, Neutral to COM, Earth to Earth.
Boiler Out: Live to NO, Neutral to COM and Earth to Earth.

NO stands for Normally Open and NC stands for Normally Closed.

Assuming you don't have the instructions for the timer, I would expect the NO to have zero volts on its, going to 230V when the timer is "On".

I'd wire as follows:
Mains in: Live to AC, Neutral to COM, Earth to Earth.
Boiler Out: Live to NO, Neutral to COM and Earth to Earth.

Youd be wiring it wrong then.
I recommend getting someone competent in to do it imo

Definately wrong. Get a sparks in mate. Save you a fortune in fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Leave it on constant and control it via a...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Normally an easy thing to do if you’re...
Replies
Views
Hive is the way to go it does the whole...
Replies
Views
I was unable to create a second account for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Back