Replacing the Expansion Vessel in a Baxi Megaflo 28 HE? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing the Expansion Vessel in a Baxi Megaflo 28 HE? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baxi Megaflow

All,

My boiler's losing pressure which is down to the Expansion Vessel (EV) or Pressure Valve (PRV). I've got replacements for each and thought I would repalce the EV first and then the PRV (if replacing the EV does'nt work). Would someone be able to provide me with some basic procedural steps in replacing the EV? i.e. what should I be isolating etc. etc. just so I don't make things worse.

Also do you think I should replace the PRV anyway or wait and see if replacing the EV does the trick?

Many thanks!

not a DIY job get an engineer in who is gas safe and unvented trained

Last edited:
As above, if you cock it up and knacker the boiler what you gonna do then? No self respecting engineer will come and dig you out

An experienced gas engineer would be able to assess which parts is required, probably even just do a simple procedure to repair it & have saved you alot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. No I wasn't aware. I'll get...
Replies
Views
Of course, missed that off the first message...
Replies
Views
Any update?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 123817
D
D
Glad to hear you won't be doing the work...
Replies
Views
Back