repressurising boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss repressurising boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dawnygs

Hi there, sorry for being a bit of a "girl" here..but actually I am a girl!! Can any kind soul tell me if you repressurise a Worcester Greenstar Heatslave oil fired boiler, the same way as you do a gas one????..I have looked at the instructions on the Worcesterwebsite and tried to contact them, but am just not very clear....help!!!!

as far asi am aware there should be a silver braided flexible hose under the boilers front door or else where on the heating circuit

Take the front panel off the boiler (pull!)
Take the top panel off the boiler (pull!)

In front there is a gauge which, presumably is reading zero at the moment.

Among the pipework in the top is a silver bendy hose (silver braided). At one end is a black plastic tap type thing that turns 90 degrees. When you turn this, water enters the pipework and you can see the gauge climb. Open for say 20 seconds or so and something should happen and the gauge should start climbing. Best place for needle is just over 1 bar.

There might be other problems though but if this is all then job done. Check for water damage around the pipes as this is probably where the boiler is leaking and it will need attention and a few bits to try and fix things.

Hope this helps, but please keep posting if you're continuing to have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be in the cylinder cupboard,
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
I would suggest a Grant registered engineer to...
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back