request new gas meter | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss request new gas meter in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can I jest request a new gas meter from Transco, got a property to do a full heating in , place has been trashed by squatters, its just a small house, has a big old pre payment gas meter that has no bracket, and screen looks like its had a kick or something. if I request a new one will I have to pay?

No im pritty sure you contact the supplier of the existing meter and it will be replaced ,

Take a meter with you. Test commission, then cap and get paid. One new meter in do fresh cp12

Electric probably off too so take some jump leads or a decent jenny

Report it through to the supplier and they'll swap it as it maybe unsafe.

If it's an empty property and there is debt or no bill paying customer they may just remove it and lock the supply.

If the place is being done up for a new tenant then they'll most likely change for a new meter in the hope the new tenant will remain a customer.

Could always call them out and say its leaking? Last one I had leaking from the test point connection they just swapped the meter rather than trying to repair it.

No..simply ring the gas supplier and report that the house is emplty and the prepayment meter has been vandalised and needs replacement. Transco dont exist. Lots of people own meters, not just National Grid Metering (not to be confused with national grid emergency). It may therefore not be national grids meter unless its badged to say it is. Meterwork requests must be passed via the supplier who then decides what course of action and more importantly, who they wish to engage to do that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would say it’s not Siemens, although...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
N
Thank you all. The wording was ambiguous in...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
  • Question
A groundworker will normally do the whole...
Replies
Views
Looking at a meter installation like yours...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back