Rerouting soil stack away from house, eg over roof of new extension. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rerouting soil stack away from house, eg over roof of new extension. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan.

Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to avoid internal stack from ceiling to floor.

Quickest 30second sketch attached.

I'd presume any horizontal would have to have the appropriate fall, new underground drains required etc.
What isn't clearly shown is the stack would have a vertical drop before extending away from the house, and most of the inlets to stack are at various points along the wall.

I hope that makes sense....

Attachments

• 20240328_172454.JPG
    20240328_172454.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 51
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be cheap and depending on which way your joists / rafters run might need some structural work doing

Similar plumbing topics

Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
I asked them about it. They said they only...
Replies
Views
G
Hi again I got your thread mixed up with...
Replies
Views
Back