Retro fitting bar mixer to 15mm compression shower pipework | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Retro fitting bar mixer to 15mm compression shower pipework in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Can you use this type of kit to replace a shower valve connected by 15mm copper tails with compression nuts with a bar mixer?

I know they're a good way to leave feeds ready for a bar mixer but hadn't thought of them being used this way. Can't think of a reason why not?

Unless the tiles were drilled badly/chipped/holes too big?

Thanks

Untitledll.jpg

Upvote 0
Take a shower of a wall leaving pipes coming out of tiled wall that look a bit like thi

111.jpg

You want to fit a shower that would normally have require connections like this

222.jpg

I think you can do it with fittings like this.

333.jpg

But you'd need to have a) long enough tails b) be able to get the old nuts and olives off c) enough space on tiles to drill holes

Upvote 0
Ah yes, the tails would need to be around 30mm from tile, make sure they are 150mm centres and with grips round nut waggle the olives off.

Upvote 0
Yeah I thought of that. I've never owned/used one. I think it was dannypipe who warned me they somtimes damage the pipe. No biggy if it means you just have to lift a floorboard, bit more annoying if you might have to re-tile.

Upvote 0
I cut olives off with a dremel. Make a little slit and crack open with a small flat screwdriver. No damage to pipe. If you find a pipe badly scored, clean it and apply solder to it. File he blob down and put the olive on. The olive will cut into the solder to make a nice seal.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
dear all, i would like to wish you a happy new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bristan-bar-valve-wa...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any chance of a picture of what you mean ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
Back