RF Room Stat wiring | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss RF Room Stat wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Electrics not my strong point, got a Siemens rf room stat to wire into this:

IMAG0013.jpg

Looks decidedly home made!

Where the bloomin' heck do I start?

Reciever req's permenant L & N ( the easy bit! ) LX=common, L1=switched live.

All ideas welcome

, you need to find the wire that is live when calling for heating, remove this from block and connect to reciver, then back from reciver to were the wire went into the block, so that you are making a loop through the reciver hope this makes sense.

get it right or you may need a new pcb if you get it wrong!!!!!!!!

In the fuse spur next to controller there's a live feed from the valve to the boiler, joined on a piece of choc block. Do you reckon I'd get away with looping that thru LX & L1?
Makes sense to me, but then I do be a bit daft!!

Click on timer for heating / see whitch wire is then live in J/box that is then switchd live from timer, pull out this wire put on choc block, then extendd this wire into receiver, then from other connection in reciver run this back to the connection that you took the first wire from so that you make a loop P/Live -N - E needs to be from spur.

Thought of a possible issue with connecting via the switched live, wouldn't that hold off the boiler when it's calling for DHW only?
Looks like I'm gonna have to connect at the valve...:ack2:

Put a link between l and lx(common) and run a switched live from l1 to the white wire on the motorised valve.

No you are only brakeing into the heating SL not the hot water, timer calls for heat for heating, sends signel to room stat this then sends signel back to wireing center, remember that SL for hot and SL for heating go to differant terminals in wireing center.

It's on & working!! Thanks for the input guys, especially jts :biggrin5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
I would still wire it from the 10 way.:p:p
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
P
replace the t40 with a DT90. t40...
Replies
Views
Yes wire the 2 switch lives over TA on the...
Replies
Views
V
Back