Ridged pipe work (hobs) | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ridged pipe work (hobs) in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Z

Zee Gas Man

Ridged pipe work always on hobs with an isolation right? Well is 10mm considered ridged even if it is easily bendable?

also does anyone know if gas safe will ever allow us to fit hobs like we do with cookers, ie back plate and short hose?

I see see the bayonet does the same job as a gas tap ( isolate the hob) and if the hoses stands more heat then produced by ovens etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use a hose if it can be fitted correctly, and the hob Instructions says its ok.

hose would need to not touch the top or back of an oven or be exposed to temps above 70 degree(so if theres an oven then no hose should be used). hang in a u shape, freely and not come under strain or chance of mechanical damage. Follow hob instructions to ensure its correct. Also remembering that most hobs require a solid barrier creating an air gap below bottom of the hob if theres no oven.

yes 10mm is considerd as ridged pipework, it needs to be supported and routed well as any gas pipe would do, so if needed fit a clip or two.

The problem is finding a manufacturer that will allow the hose. I just think ultimately its safer, there are less chance of leaks and because i do 8/12 jobs a day it would make my life easier ;) , maybe a short armoured hose could be fine behind the oven?

The problem is finding a manufacturer that will allow the hose. I just think ultimately its safer, there are less chance of leaks and because i do 8/12 jobs a day it would make my life easier ;) , maybe a short armoured hose could be fine behind the oven?

There are plenty of MI Which states connect pipework as per BS6891 and therefore allow a hose

Similar plumbing topics

Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your input I will have a think...
Replies
Views
Purely for interest, on large gas lines it...
Replies
Views
if the hobs over an oven then a cooker hose is...
Replies
Views
U
Bazinga!
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back