riello oil burner not working properly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss riello oil burner not working properly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lindsay 5

hi can any body help me i have no moter or ignition it just buzzes then locks out ,but if i flick the fan it works ok but wont refire when it goes of it does the same

Capacitor or drive coupling or pump. Probably in that order.

thanks for the info can i check any of these first without buying new parts

Which control box is it? Satronic, Bentone or DKO?

(I've a flow chart for cheating - I mean fault diagnosing)

hi dontnoitall i cant see a manufacteres name anywhere on the control box but is gray whith a red reset button on it

To check drive coupling is just visual - remove to check. To check capacitor, you can check if fan feels tight when turning it. If it is tight at places then oil pump or motor bearings faulty. If not tight, it might be capacitor. Capacitor cheap & easy to change. Oil pumps on Riellos can be tight at times, when faulty, so can be it. Often capacitor & oil pump need replaced.

hi dontnoitall i cant see a manufacteres name anywhere on the control box but is gray whith a red reset button on it
Sounds like that is older Riello burner. Don't really need to test anything, just change capacitor if oil pump/ motor freely turning.

Should have said that, as boiler is going no problem when fan is given a little flick, but will never go by itself, then it is capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Competent oil engineer required. If it...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
And just where can you see oil squirting from...
Replies
Views
L
With no pressure gauge or flue gas analyser...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Back