Rinnai Infinity 11 water heater: too noisy!! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rinnai Infinity 11 water heater: too noisy!! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

Marite

Hello everybody, I hope this is the right section to post.

Two years ago I bought a Rinnai Infinity 11 water heater: I'm so disappointed! I used to have a Beretta (an Italian make, I'm not sure if it's known in the UK) that worked alright for about 10 years.

Then, when I wanted to change it, I intendet to buy a new Beretta, but the seller insisted to install a Rinnai (I wonder why?). As far as the temperature is concerned, it works OK, but the problem is that it's too noisy!

At the beginning, it made a loud noise when I turned it on; then, after various controls by the technicians (for which, of course, I had to pay every time) now the noise is a bit lower when is turned on, but it's louder during the use.

I'm so, so disappointed by this make, and will never, ever buy it again.

What kind of noise?

When you turn it on, you hear a metallic noise and the noise of the ignition; then, you hear a loud noise all through the use, and finally, when you turn the heater off, you hear another type of noise, like a teapot when the water is ready.

I can't believe that with all the technology you can have, they sell this type of products, in 2012. I wonder if they were made only to be installed outdoor?

At least, I hope this kind of water heater is SAFE!

Whereabouts in the country are you my friend?

Rinnai's are often used in commercial kitchens with absolutely no problems at all. I can only think of one that's ever given me any bother which actually turned out to be unrelated to the GFWH itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My water pressure is around 5 bar and I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The noise sound like whistle so could be over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think you need to check the unit has failed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
Back