RIP off Britain rear`s it head again | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss RIP off Britain rear`s it head again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Really pee`d off had a call from the younger son earlier on going to Whipsnade zoo see you later ...£21 him ..£21 his Wife £20 to take the car in
not sure how much for the Grand son as Daughter in law thought under three did not pay so she kept quite [although in a court of law she could have said it was shock] add in petrol food etc not much change from a ton. really pee`d off as they both work hard and deserve a day out and not to be ripped off.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr end of rant..regards turnpin:61:

My lad was the same at the easter weekend. Him and his woman and the bairn went to Edinburgh zoo for the day. I had a wee moan that he could have saved on the parking as he should know where to park for free within a few hundred yards of the place but it is ridiculous the cost of a day out here.
Everything these days is all about how much money can be fleeced.
Then they wonder why people go abroad on holiday!
A half decent hotel all inclusive somewhere hot can be had for 300/wk. Try booking a caravan in Scarborough and see how much that will cost then factor in the £100/day to do anything plus the cost of eating out and you could get a week in the Bahamas for the same price if you go budget.

I can only agree to agree with you Tamz really get`s my goat as the boy say`s how did you manage it with me and my brother
when we were young I have to reply we wern`t as ripped off in those day`s ...sweet dream`s I`m off to bed now see you all soon regards turnpin:waving:

No we wern't ripped off to the same extent but i can still remember mt mother complaining about how much it cost. There was always Butlins :smile: (are they still going?)

Yea one in Skegness my ex takes the kids once a year and for what they pay you could go abroad

It always has been expensive. When I was younger (about 20years ago), I remember going to alton towers for a day trip, which from down here is a fair old trek in the same day. Can remember it costing my old man well over £80 for that.:(

When we used to go to the bike racing as kids we had a big old Zephyr ,two of us would hide in the back foot wells under coats and another in the front footwell under my mothers feet.

We did similar at some of the brirtish motocross champs. four of us hidden in my old mans sherpa van

Tam there are plenty of really good places that my kids go too and get all excited and they are FREE! Summerlee in Coatbridge, the transport museum and Kelvingrove in Glasgow are a few.

All these zoos and the like have huge overheads and charge exhoberant prices. One place that does offer a family ticket and is a brilliant day out is Seaworld at Queensferry. My wee lass loves standing on the moving travellator and watching the sharks swimming overhead.

There are some great places either free or very cheap. The RAF museum at Cosford is brilliant and the only charge is for parking, a couple of quid. The Ironbridge museum has an annual pass that allows unlimited entry, which costs about £25, there numerous sites, we go about 4 times a year.

Took the little one to the Visitor centre at Manchester Airport the other day, again only fee was parking (albeit expensive) he had a great time and we saw an Airbus A380 taking off - awesome !

PS off to Cadbury World today - v expensive but loads of chocolate

Went to London zoo last Monday £ 11 each .....train from Bexhill to Victoria £ 12 each with the travel card across London.......not to bad.......mind you there was 10 adults & 3 under 16's.......

So much easier to have a week abroad, all inclusive, guaranteed weather and very little hassle. A shame when there are a lot of really nice places across the UK, but it's just too bleedin expensive and the only thing you can guarantee with the weather is that you will get wet.

Talking of a good zoo, Devon Zoo was fantastic when we where there with the kids a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back