Rip off parts price. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rip off parts price. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently needed a flue terminal deflector for a Baxi Duotec GA, I asked Plumbcenter for a trade price and was quoted £32 +vat. I told them where to poke it. 2 minutes of googling and I foud and purchased one on Amazon for £9.44 including vat and delivery. It arrived within 3 days and was in a genuine Baxi box. So why are we being ripped off by Plumbers merchants?????
Baxi Multifit Flue Terminal Deflector HE Part No 5111068: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just had same with a fan , there price 149 + bought else where 79 +

I recently needed a flue terminal deflector for a Baxi Duotec GA, I asked Plumbcenter for a trade price and was quoted £32 +vat. I told them where to poke it. 2 minutes of googling and I foud and purchased one on Amazon for £9.44 including vat and delivery. It arrived within 3 days and was in a genuine Baxi box. So why are we being ripped off by Plumbers merchants?????
Baxi Multifit Flue Terminal Deflector HE Part No 5111068: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
i pay about a tenner for them in plumbase recently priced up a pcb for a microgenus £180 inc in parts centre,78+ vat at plumbase

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Had a price for a Saunier Duval pcb of nearly £400 before

I find all glow worm parts seem to be a bit expensive. Same with vailant, had a price for a relief valve of £60 or so, had a bit of a look at it in the merchants, was a standard caleffi item and walked off with the same thing for a tenner identical but for the glow worm box.

Saying that the best one was a vokera boiler I did a couple of years back pcb was £720 !!! and we fitted it as insurance wouldnt replace, didnt last a year either, had to have another one before the year was up

Had a price for a Saunier Duval pcb of nearly £400 before

I find all glow worm parts seem to be a bit expensive. Same with vailant, had a price for a relief valve of £60 or so, had a bit of a look at it in the merchants, was a standard caleffi item and walked off with the same thing for a tenner identical but for the glow worm box.
valiant,glowworm and heatline all the same valiant own the lot so spares for all 3 are mega bucks

How about this then?
60mm flue seals, same part number and same component from same supplier £9 in a Baxi bag £12 in a Saunier Duval bag.

Had to buy a flue bracket too £36 wouldn't mind but I've chucked loads away lol

never throw anything away bod then you will have a garage like mine that you cant get in ,LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
I bought them just in case I see one I need it...
Replies
Views
P J F PLUMBING
P
Back