risk from a copper pipe with little support? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss risk from a copper pipe with little support? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice about whether there is any risk from a pipe in a flat I just moved into (not in UK).

Under the kitchen sink, the cold water enters through a copper pipe that has been bent upwards in a weird shape so that it can reach the sink. They’ve done this because a drainage pipe (for a washing machine) is in the way, flush against the wall. The copper pipe isn’t attached to the wall for a good 1.5 feet or so. It also has a heavy-looking brass shut-off valve at the top of it. It seems relatively stable.

I know it’s not a great set-up, but my specific concern is that the pipe might leak (or even burst?) because it has so little support. Any thoughts on whether this is very likely with a copper pipe installed like this?

Very grateful for your help!

36D7389B-950C-45BC-9CFA-D3B018B2D971.jpeg

You are right it doesn’t look good however the likelihood of the stress of the weight of water in the foot and a half of copper pipe I would say there was minimal chance of the copper pipe bursting. I think the thing to question is is it putting any and you stress on the flexible pipe towards the end as it hits the tap

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back