Rocol Twineflon *PTFE tape replacement* | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rocol Twineflon *PTFE tape replacement* in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rocol

Twineflon is an upgraded replacement for PTFE tape, used for sealing metal & plastic threaded pipe joints. The revolutionary pipe thread sealant is a monofilament making it much stronger than traditional PTFE and preventing shredding. The container is equipped with a mini-cutter and lubricant applicator to speed up installation.

twineflon.jpg
  • A dynamic sealant which adjusts its state during installation
  • Chemically resistant to the most aggressive solvents, fuels and acids
  • Creates a perfect seal by calandering the PTFE into a film with the exact thickness required between the two pipe ends
  • Approved to all the latest regulations for thread sealing materials: Safe for use on potable water (WRAS), natural gas and LPG systems (BS EN 751)
  • Replaces all other sealants and tapes for all threads
  • Easier, cleaner and quicker to install than other sealants
If you would like to sample Twineflon or if you have any questions, please send a message to Rocol, using the private messaging system on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Please provide your name and postal address.

Alternatively, please visit www.rocol.com to find out more.

Many thanks for your interest,

ROCOL®
ROCOL® House
Wakefield Road
Swillington, Leeds
UK

www.rocol.com

sounds good, i'm gonna pm you for a sample!

does this product allow 'turnback' like loctite 55 does???

KJ

got my sample today will test it and report back. first impressions are it's flat like ptfe not stranded like loctite 55 and you have a liquid in the end cap that you have to smear (a few drops) over application before fitting.

yep mine also turned up today. the liquid was leaking from mine probably got a battering in transit. i also noticed that it doesn't seem fibrous and possibly may not allow turn back like loctite 55. would be interesting to hear from the manufacturer about this!!!
otherwise why not just use cheap ptfe??

Used mine yesterday not impressed to be honest stripped it off and went back to loctite 55
But then it was 1 1/4 threads think it no better than ptfe IMHO

Yep same here the case its in is useless, the red cap thing at the bottom doesnt stay in, and as gasman says gunk leaks everywhere. Ended up in the bin having leaked on some paperwork.

only got in! mine got a LEAK TO!!!! think it must be faulty batch, had a look at it , it is quite strong, we"ll see what its like tomorrow abw.

nope. consensus is its the same as ptfe, more expensive and you need to add some gooey stuff which unless you are lucky will leak upon arrival.

as yet i fail to see how it improves on ptfe, would still prefer loctite to any of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
anything hot really but domestic hw should be...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
S
The adapter used was described as male iron to...
Replies
Views
silvergrowler
S
Back