Rogue radiator, help!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rogue radiator, help!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hope someone can give me a helpful tip here.

Cust took rad rad off for painting. Just a small bathroom rad. Worked fine until this point. Newish rad.

Rad back on, valves opened, bled, no heat.

Pipework goes up on separate loop from airing cupboard across 2 metres and back down in bathroom.

I Thought air so popped the rad off again opened both valves into bucket, water bucketing out and hot, so assuming no airlock or blockage. Put radiator back on. No heat!!

as I say newish rad, I installed when I did bathroom 14 months ago. Rad comes on with DHW and CH so is it likely that it's just dirtier through greater use? Sludged and horrible???

im thinking new rad but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts

cheers

matt

Put a hose on doc and gently drain it off while adding some water at filling loop, vent it and hopefully pull the heat though or and put some Aav at top of pipes.

Sorry mate I missed those vital points didn't I.

Open vented and and there is an AAV :smile:

Sorry mate I meant on the elbow where pipework in loft drops down to bath rad, cut a tee in put vent there, sometimes putting hose on doc and dragging through heat can cure it.

I had an issue like this, turned other rads off & non working rad full on, when it got hot I opened other rads up. It worked!

Connect hose to mains pressure and backfill bath rad using mains pressure on its doc, this has never failed me

When you say it's on with both hot water and heating.is it gravity hot water? Could just be bypassing the rad if it's not configured to work on gravity.

No sorry pumped but rad plumbed in prior to 2 ports

Take rad back off and check for a blockage in rad tails, probably took it off and stood it in the garden?

Just shut off all other rads and cylinder balancing valve a bit. Any auto bypass on the system will need to be closed as well and force the circulation to the problem radiator. It will just be an airlock somewhere on the return I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
That must be the biggest load of crap I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back