Roll Call for all previous Heavy Users of the Forum | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Roll Call for all previous Heavy Users of the Forum in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We setup this forum in around 2006 and we have some members with accounts still that were setup in anything from 2008 to 2023. Some with great potential, some mastered the forum and really helped shape it into what ti once was (not the Gas Safe Register and RedSaw and that lot that were abusing the forum for financial gain).

So I've gone through all the accounts, I've made most become Esteemed Members (green badge that's automatically applied based on your like count etc. Some had an issue with this so I've overridden it for just those few accounts who had many posts on the forum before the likes system was installed etc.

For others it is the aggressive ads. We for that I've given you all Subscribed tag too.

It should be a lovely forum to browse now for you. Just pure content and nothing else.

So please spread the word around, I've had some time in hospital having a couple of lung bits out that were heavily infected (since covid) so Lou was running the forum as best Lou can bless. She's not got the years behind her but she did brilliantly.

Anyway, if you could check in by replying to this thread (IMPORTANT) so I know you're active and intend to post. Or let me know if you don't want to test the forum out now and I'll erase your account and rename the name the posts will then fall under. I'll give it a few weeks don't worry so try put the feelers out for me please.

I know that trades forum is shyte it is running on very poor software which stores passwords as real text rather than hashing them out (providing security layer). At least it's not running on Wordpress. I was able to break in a competitors forum last month and played around with their admin settings and then erased my account. They had to roll back to a previous backup and lost a lot of content. Will see what Zero-Day exploits are creating vulnerable parts of the forum. It's classed as white hat if I just break in, then show you how I did it so the loop hole can be fixed, for now.

Anyway, spread the news. We're open for threads and posts and would like all your help in doing that.

Say hi in reply. Spread the word a bit. Let me know if any old users now have new accounts I'll see if I can tag posts to it for you.

Thanks Dan and Lou

Hope you’re feeling a lot better now Dan.

I’m an occasional visitor to the Plumbers Forum, don’t always post but like reading posts and happy to carry on doing this.
After working all day I’m not really someone that wants to give out free advice to the DIY people…I’m not sure me replying “ring a professional plumber” would go down well :) it would be good to see more chat amongst us plumbers though

Hi Dan,
Hope things are looking up for you.
I still check in when I can but not posted for a while. I will do once I have something coherent to say 😀

Hope you’re feeling a lot better now Dan.

I’m an occasional visitor to the Plumbers Forum, don’t always post but like reading posts and happy to carry on doing this.
After working all day I’m not really someone that wants to give out free advice to the DIY people…I’m not sure me replying “ring a professional plumber” would go down well :) it would be good to see more chat amongst us plumbers though
Yeah we're all about the sharing though mate advice is free all day long on YouTube so at least I'm not populating the forum with that.

Engage with the pros. But DIY will get advice.

Yeah we're all about the sharing though mate advice is free all day long on YouTube so at least I'm not populating the forum with that.

Engage with the pros. But DIY will get advice.
I’m not knocking anyone that spends their time giving out free advice to diyers , I’m just saying it’s not for me.

God its like they've taken your money this isn't it lol you been stung with not getting moving radiator jobs because DIY can do it easy? Lol

Dont sound so sour about it mate. Like i said you wont be needed. Ill bring in them YT videos and tag you in them lol

in all seriousness
DIY won't mix with Arms members. I've set it on sparky forum so DIY provide advice to fellow DIY and we have a few sparks in there telling them which bits are important etc. Regular members have to ask to go provide advice and we add them to a group that has access.
It works and it'll happen on here and tilers.

The ads took priority to be fair mate.

Let's leave this one here eh and let people just check in like.

I'm still here. As I mentioned in my post a few weeks ago when I returned after a long hiatus, I am now self-employed and I am sure I will get stuck sooner or later and will appreciate being able to tap into the knowledge here. I'll also try to answer questions where I can but I'm still building up confidence now I'm on my own but I'll get there.

I just completed my first complete bathroom job last Friday all done from scratch (just the plumbing side) and the job went well and the customer was great to work with. That was a real confidence booster for sure. He's asked me to do a second bathroom now. I'm really happy about that. The work is steadily coming in and increasing lately as my name gets out there. I am in the middle of doing internal works for a replacement water main at the moment and go back when the water board have done their bit in the road. I have a totally knackered undersink water heater to replace this afternoon, it trips the electrics, the pressure relief constantly lets by and it looks in a sorry state. Also a radiator to move on Wednesday.

Brilliant stuff thanks matey.

Keep the news spreading, and I'll make sure I keep an eye on this thread.

I still look in every now and then, the adverts really made the forum a chore to navigate and use on a phone. If that can change then I will be more active for sure.

I'm still here, not as often as I used to.
Answer questions when I think I can be of assistance.

* When did I get the Gas Ticket?
( only taken 10 years )

Similar plumbing topics

Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
C
no not sarcastic at all
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back