Roll Top Bath: leaking pipe (pics) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Roll Top Bath: leaking pipe (pics) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard2010

You leave your teenage kids alone for a couple of hours and come home to a leaking bath and deep scratches in the oak flooring. Somehow the roll top bath has moved and dislodged one of the pipes below causing a leak (further damage!). I think (unless anyone can tell me different) the problem is easily solved but Im not sure how. Ive attached a few pics of the external pipe system to show the setup. From research ive done I think the problem part maybe called a P Trap or a shallow bath trap. The leak is from the connection from the trap to the waste down pipe. Ive noticed the rubber seal which sits in the trap has come lose but then again im not sure if it should be lose or when it was first fitted the seal was fixed rigid within the trap, which may suggest why its now leaking. Id be grateful if anyone could offer some advice to how I can rectify the sitiuation.

If i need to buy a replacement part, whats the part called as Ive seen different names/designs and how much should I be looking at??

Can the seal be replaced or repaired with the use of silicone or similar.

Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 52
  • pipes2.jpg
    pipes2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 48
  • pipes3.jpg
    pipes3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 50
not to clear from the pictures.
if nothing is damaged and just dislodged slightly, it should be possible to take the fitting apart as you have done , clean it all and put it all back together again, some ptfe tape could come in useful if the the fitting is still leaking.

If the bath has moved, it needs moving back to where it was.
The chrome waste pipe will be too short to reach the P trap and the seal has fallen off the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep as above Undo the nut slide to the right...
Replies
Views
USA. So my joke about the red lines was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This site has a selection, including the...
Replies
Views
I think the HE was covered under warranty but...
Replies
Views
So i drained down, removed the fitting and...
Replies
Views
Back