Room not reaching tempreature | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Room not reaching tempreature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alphacrust

Hi All,

Could I possibly hit you all with a problem I'm having with my central heating.

I currently live in a small 1 bedroom property that has a gas central heating system (2 large radiators / 1 half size / 1 towel rail).

The problem I'm having at the moment is the main radiator in the combined small living room / kitchen space doesn't appear to be keeping its temperature / heating the room. I have the Siemens analogue room thermostat (in the living room / kitchen space) set to 30 degrees C and the main control panel set to CONST (which I presume means constant ?) and the room isn't really reaching a temperature of anything above 21-23 degrees C. When checking the main radiator it's often just lukewarm to the touch even though it's set to 5.

The other two radiators seem to be working fine. The radiator in the hallway and bedroom seem to keep their temperature. The bedroom one is currently set to 4 and keeps the room toasty warm / fairly warm to the touch.

I had the stat on the main radiator replaced.

Can I presume it's probably a fault with the room stat not allowing the radiator in the main room to reach the correct temperature ?

Any help seriously appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.

Had the TRV on that radiator replaced though, so I'd be surprised if it was that.

Any idea if the analogue room stat should click before it gets to 15 degrees C. Currenly only seems to click at 15. :-/

You hear a click from the analogue stat when you turn it past the current temperature, so if your room is 15 deg, you'll hear the click as you turn the dial past 15 deg.

Ah, thanks for that. Slowly getting my head around how it all works. :)

Just removed the TRV from the main radiator. It appears to be reaching full temp. Is it safe to leave it off and monitor for a hour or so ?

Ah, thanks for that. Slowly getting my head around how it all works. :)

Just removed the TRV from the main radiator. It appears to be reaching full temp. Is it safe to leave it off and monitor for a hour or so ?

If you mean the head of the valve, yes. It needs replacing though otherwise there is no point having it. It governs room temp, so if it's not working you,ll need a new one

If you have more then one rad in the room. You could leave the troublesome one without a trv head.

you shouldn't really have a trv on a rad in the same area as the thermostat as they will conflict with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
  • Question
And just as any funs just getting louder over...
Replies
Views
I've never seen error codes displayed. Sorry...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back