Rotas toilet pan | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rotas toilet pan in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alasdair

Hi, I hope someone can help!
I have tracked down a new Rotas (two-piece) toilet pan, to replace my old cracked one. However, the supplier was not able to provide jointing compound for joining the two halves (trap and bowl). Can any body suggest what type of compound I should be using?
Any advice would be much appreciated,
Thank you
A

I would contact the manufacturer.

In the old days it would have been hemp and paste but I'm sure something like CT-1 would do

this is a two peice pan white cement is the perfect thing but ordinary neat cement mix will do just leaves a grey line between the two parts needs to be left for 24 hours before use

Thanks for the advice guys.
Sounds like cement is the most straightforward option - I can put up with a grey line!
All the best, Alasdair

Don't think that hemp & paste or silicone would stand up to some big fat lard bum, come plonking down on the pan, a cement joint with a bit of sand in the mix is the only, thing whether it be prompt cement, ordinary portland cement or white cement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
Back