Rotten timbers in bathroom. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rotten timbers in bathroom. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, went to replace a shower this morning only to find all the timbers holding up the wall are rotten and an end of joist which connects onto an rsj. Only the top half of the joist is rotten though. Do you think these need taking out? I cannot see any other option?

Also, notches 50mm deep. Can I secure these up with plywood screwed and glued to the sides. 20161123_092745.jpg

Yes looks like you need a chippy also might be worth opening the wall up to check that also

Yes looks like you need a chippy also might be worth opening the wall up to check that also

That's what I thought. The wall is brick so do you mean checking to see if the damp has risen?

The guy is going to get his insurance company to pay so I believe he will inspect that hey20161123_093743.jpg

Plaster might fall off wet etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you for the detailed reply. Yes it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Back