Rough Idea of cost to change boiler if possible | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rough Idea of cost to change boiler if possible in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi gsr wizards a work colleague of the Mrs is trying to get a ballpark figure to update a profile 60e .As far as I can find out to suit 7 rads system with 170 ltr Mega flo .Please add the cost of powerflush, trv`s etc to bring system up to spec,and what boiler you would recommend.I know some of you may not wish to display your charges for various reasons so feel free to pm me if you can help discretion assured I will in due course let you know what BG`s quote was regards turnpin
icon7.png

Impossible to quote for a job that you cannot see. Far too many variables, how about just calling local engineers out for a quote.

I agree impossible to quote but I bet all of the local engineers come in cheaper than BG.

Last edited:
Vaillant if it's a quality job, take your pick if a statistically less reliable/lower spec appliance that's required. Price would depend on viewing/survey and what deal could be struck with the local merchant. I would add though that estimates, proper and reasonably accurate estimates, take a little time to prepare, so rather than exploit lots of local trademen's knowledge and valuable time, as suggested above tap BG and maybe another large national for a guide, then find someone you like and feel that you can trust, a small local decent firm, ciphe, gsr, wiaps, bwc...
Shorty

the boiler change with flush about1700 inc assuming about 800 for boiler
controls depends whats there already usually jst needs a roomstat adding and maybe trvs

Last edited:
Thank you all for your speedy replies lots of food for thought in your responses I fully appreciate that even for the best of you gsr wizards without seeing the job in question for you to commit to a 100% costing as there is no doubt factors that make this impossible thanks again for taking the time to respond.Although I have`nt seen it myself I have been told BG have quoted £4500 but I have no details as to what it involves if I get to see the paperwork I will post it up.Regards turnpin:seeya:

Thank you all for your speedy replies lots of food for thought in your responses I fully appreciate that even for the best of you gsr wizards without seeing the job in question for you to commit to a 100% costing as there is no doubt factors that make this impossible thanks again for taking the time to respond.Although I have`nt seen it myself I have been told BG have quoted £4500 but I have no details as to what it involves if I get to see the paperwork I will post it up.Regards turnpin:seeya:

I would have thought that £4500 was a bit much for a boiler change and control upgrade, in my experience BG like to go in high, get a response and then adjust as they see fit! had a customer who had had a long standing service contract with BG and when it came time they said they could no longer service and recomended a new one, fair enough! customer got rep round to get quote for new install, as the rep was going though and adding up the customer told him as he got to £3500 that he could stop adding as he knew how much a boiler was as he had the internet!! and as the boiler he wanted was widley avaliable for less than £1000 he wondered what the other £2500 was for?? the BG rep then started with if you agree today nock off that much, if we do that nock off that much etc.. at which point he rang me and I fitted new boiler only £1700, boiler, flue, power flush, chemicals and labour.

but as above all jobs are different and indervidual! find a local guy and get him to have a look, I'd almost garentee that the local guy will be a lot less if not half BG!! ask friends, work colleges if you don't know for one. round my way early doors at the local pub is a good for finding loacl trades!!

FOUR AND A HALF GRAND!!! Ilove BG. Save for a CHP you can have whatever boiler you want and I'll knock a K off without a survey! Seriously though, I really don't understand how they stay in business, it's just people's belief that somehow they get value for money, just goes to show the power of advertising :eek:)

for a decent install/boiler/controls/flush your looking at £1500 upwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back