Rules on boilers in cupboards | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rules on boilers in cupboards in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just about to box in around a modern Vaillant combi-boiler in a bathroom. We haven't fitted it as we don't do gas. Clearly there needs to be a door for future access/maintenance. What other rules do I need to be aware of please? It is a modern room-sealed boiler like I say. Thanks for all advice as chatting to the customer about options tomorrow and want to make sure I know the applicable regs.

Cheers!

You have to meet the clearances set by the manufacturers. All this will be in the MI's which the customer hopefully still has :)

most modern boilers don't need compartment ventilation, but I'd check in the MI's just to be double sure :)

Check the MI's for the specific boiler for any ventilation requirement for installation in a compartment, boiler clearances etc. Also depending on electrical zone the door may need a key or tool to gain access to it.

To be honest if I can make a removable tiled panel which needs a screwdriver to undo I would do that. It's a luxury bathroom so I want to get ride of the idea of doors altogether to be honest. Could do one with 4 screws to be undone to open it up. Could even build a vent plate onto the front but only if needed.

They have the MIs so I will check them tomorrow.

Thanks to all for help!

You have to meet the clearances set by the manufacturers. All this will be in the MI's which the customer hopefully still has :)

most modern boilers don't need compartment ventilation, but I'd check in the MI's just to be double sure :)
exception too and a good example of is early WB greenstar juniors presumably its to stop the plastic overheating and developing incontinence,so i totally agree check MI,s

To be honest if I can make a removable tiled panel which needs a screwdriver to undo I would do that. It's a luxury bathroom so I want to get ride of the idea of doors altogether to be honest. Could do one with 4 screws to be undone to open it up. Could even build a vent plate onto the front but only if needed.

They have the MIs so I will check them tomorrow.

Thanks to all for help!

If they have the MI's then that's all you'll need. It'll tell you everything.

Not really much to look out for really :)

exception too and a good example of is early WB greenstar juniors presumably its to stop the plastic overheating and developing incontinence,so i totally agree check MI,s
Always check MI's. Some of the recent model Greenstars for example require ventilation depending on dimension of unventilated compartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
As it’s only a holiday let your fine I would...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
Are you controlling the stove flow temperature...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Back