Running an electric shower off a header tank | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running an electric shower off a header tank in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Spanner2k7

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi ppl,
I have been asked to replace a bathroom suite and fit an electric shower, mains pressure and flow is not brillant and they want a decent shower, I was going to suggest to use a header tank with a booster pump, any thought on this.

I think it will be acceptable, however I will need to put a tank in the roof, do not want to use exsisting one. Any idea what size I should use. Would a 25G be too large.

Thanks for any replies.

Mira Elite, I was given the details of this on the forum for a similar situation. I was going to fit 2 - 50 gallon tanks to feed it. Think it delivers about 18 litres/min. The wife spends a good 15 mins in the shower washing hair twice, conditioner etc. No fun running out of water with soap in your eyes.

Upvote 0
Mira Elite, I was given the details of this on the forum for a similar situation. I was going to fit 2 - 50 gallon tanks to feed it. Think it delivers about 18 litres/min. The wife spends a good 15 mins in the shower washing hair twice, conditioner etc. No fun running out of water with soap in your eyes.

Did you fit the 2 50 gallon tanks, that seem a little excessive, there will be nothing else running off this tank.

Upvote 0
No, dropped off the estimate today and they've changed their mind. Going to fix the incoming main and run a normal electric shower. Farmer. Apparently the old 3/4" steel main wouldn't fit a pipe cleaner through it. He's going to dig a trench and drop some 20mm alkathene in.
I had planned on tying the new tanks into basin and bath as well. Seriously bad flow.

Upvote 0
not necessarily over the top, 18l/min is 4 gallons per min which is quite some flow. if the mrs likes a nice long shower 100 litres will last 25 minutes. just one 25 gallon tank will only last 12.5 mins and someone else would need to wait 10 mins for tank to refill before their shower

Upvote 0
The flow of cold water they have it would be a couple of hours before the tanks would refill! It's not even a case of p'ing faster, probably spit more.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back