Running an LPG line for my Range | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running an LPG line for my Range in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

The wife and I have just bought our first place, and before we move in I have to do various jobs.

I'll be chasing out pipe runs as the place has no central heating. It also doesn't have any gas.

I really want a gas hob. So while I'm doing the mucky work, I'm going to run my gas line to the garden where I plan to site a small LPG tank (the type you take to get refilled).

Anyway, I'm only trained and qualified in NG, so I will get someone in (or might get my LPG ticket by the time I get round to it).

What I'm getting at is I want to do the pipe run now, and the kitchen will happen in a year or two, but I want the pipe run to be adequate. I know, LPG is delivered from the tanks at higher pressure than 21mb.

So do I work out my pipe size as for NG or is there a different equation?

I don't know wheter I'll go back garden or front. Back and it's about a 25M pipe run with about 3 elbows. Front and it's about 3M with the same.

I realise I'll have to change the jets for LPG and like I said this is a long time down the road. I just want to get the pipe first fixed while I'm tearing walls down and fitting the heating.

Wife thinks we should just have an electric hob, but I've always wanted a nice big Gas range, and eventually I'm going to get one!

No mate LPG is different to NG runs at 37mbar
Depending on size of range and length of pipe work

37MB, I thought so. I still guess I'm looking for minimal pressure lose over the run. I just don't want to run a 22mm pipe through my house if its over kill.

Funny, with a customer it wouldn't faze me so much. :)

You say 25m pipe run and a few elbows
Depends on what kw the range will be
15mm over 24metre straight run will give you 12kw with a maximum pressure drop of 2.5mbar

22mm over same distance will give you 61kw with same pressure drop

So all on size of the range you want
Hope that helps Danny

Cheers mate. Its been a long haul, and we're both very excited, despite the long road ahead of living in a building site with two kids!

I don't know what size the range will be, but I'm pretty sure it won't be 12KW or more. I usually aim for max pressure drop of 1mb but I'll need to think about it.

In an ideal world I would like to do the whole internal run in 12mm plastic coated copper. From the front garden I could do the whole run without a single joint. Lovely.

Thanks for the advice.

If range going to be 12kw or less just use 15mm plastic coated copper straight from regulator to back of range then just get a LPG cooker hose kit
2.5mbar is permissible drop on LPG
Forget NG lol
And you will just do it with a 25metre roll too lol

Perfect, ta Gray.

I'll get my LPG ticket in between first fixing and second, so I'll make sure the install is all good, but as explained I just want to ensure my first fix is done properly.

I will do as suggested, many thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yea will do, just a pain in the date out here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any thoughts on this bottle gully arrangement?
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
Back