running new gas carcass. | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss running new gas carcass. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So, I need to run a new gas pipe around the side of a house to a new boiler. The old pipe goes under the ground all the way to the back of the house to boiler and oven. Is it okay to disconnect the boiler from this (as running new 28mm supply at side of house) and leave the oven on it? Or is it best practice to disconnect this pipe all together? The reason I ask is because the boiler is a 10 metre run around the house and then the cooker would have to go up and over a few widows and doors and a fair few metres to get to the cooker. A lot of hassle

as long as gas pipe is sound and not made of lead/ plastic!!!!!

Plastic ? Mdpe - fine as long as external and protected from uv and change to iron and entry. Should be buried and come out if ground in iron

As long as the existing is gas tight and in good condition, I would leave it in. IV should not be an issue on the pipe run you have described.

Calculated the volume earlier and it's fine. Is it alright to run the gas pipe on the external wall of a house which has a shared path? I think it shouldn't be a problem. Also, what about leaving a flue a little longer where it is close to the corner of an external chimney breast? I have seen a few like these but what do you guys think? It is similar to having It extend past the soffit and guttering I guess

It won't be as bad as 20140916_224533.jpg

It won't look as bad as this.

So, I need to run a new gas pipe around the side of a house to a new boiler. The old pipe goes under the ground all the way to the back of the house to boiler and oven. Is it okay to disconnect the boiler from this (as running new 28mm supply at side of house) and leave the oven on it? Or is it best practice to disconnect this pipe all together? The reason I ask is because the boiler is a 10 metre run around the house and then the cooker would have to go up and over a few widows and doors and a fair few metres to get to the cooker. A lot of hassle

Is there any car traffic next to the pipe? Cos, above ground external pipework shall be protected against the risk of mechanical damage.

Calculated the volume earlier and it's fine. Is it alright to run the gas pipe on the external wall of a house which has a shared path? I think it shouldn't be a problem. Also, what about leaving a flue a little longer where it is close to the corner of an external chimney breast? I have seen a few like these but what do you guys think? It is similar to having It extend past the soffit and guttering I guess
If it is a private shared path, it will probably be OK with the normal precautions. If it is public, either run it at high level or run it in steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Thanks very much all. Very helpful
Replies
Views
Back