Running soil pipe into existing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running soil pipe into existing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scooter

Hi ,
Im thinking of making my detatched double garage into a granny annex and need to run a new soil pipe into my existing.
The issue i have is that the existing soil pipe runs along the back of our house just outside the fence boundary which is now a disused builders yard.
Am i allowed to cut a trench and run a pipe to pick up the existing pipe and fit a chamber, this will be on the builders yard side just outside our boundary. Would i need to seek permission for this and if so where and who_Or can i go ahead and run the new pipe without permission? The builders yard is now empty and unused.
Thanks scott.

Safest bet is to ask the council. I think permission/building inspection is required in any case when installing a soil pipe but on the whole the councils are pretty helpful and will probably be able to assist with the boundary issue. Tricky for anyone on here to be 100% sure they're offering the correct advice without seeing the situation.

If you want to run a new drain into/across someone elses property you will need to get permission from the landowner, I think its called a deed of easement and the landowner is entitled and likely to ask for some form of payment for it (money !). I did the same 15 years ago and it cost me 2 grand, but i had no other drains on my property and it was a lot cheaper than a septic tank. If you dont get permission then you leave yourself open to being sued for trespass and damages.
Presumably there is an existing drain run within your property, can you not get into that?

are you sure the inspection pit isnt on your land?. just because it appears to be in a yard...you should have your own chamber on your land or it wouldnt have met planning permission when it was built..so i believe.
otherwise 't' it into the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
For attaching it? Yes! and we have no idea...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in...
Replies
Views
Back