Running water sound in walls | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running water sound in walls in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

michele

Hello, i live in an old terraced house (1890's i think). In between two of our downstairs rooms there is a really loud noise of water running. It sounds like someone is running a bath. We have a new boiler, but new radiators. I tried turning off the stop tap and tried turning it both ways and running the taps for ages but the water didnt stop coming. Should i be worried about this? It has been going on for ages and there are no visible leaks and no smells of damp or anything like that. If someone could give me an idea of how to fix this or if i can just continue to ignore it - that would be amazing.

Thanks.

Sounds like it could be air in your heating pipes, has the work been done long? If not ling get them back and let them listen to it. Is the wall solid or stud?

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. I am not sure if the wall is solid or stud. How would i tell? We dont have a water meter. I have had a poke around about the front to look for a stop tap but i cant find anything, the front garden is covered in shingle though. It seems to happen no matter what, boiler on, boiler off. Water running, water off. It is constant. It sounds like there is a bubbling stream in between the two walls and it is quite loud and really really annoying!!! I dont remember it happening when we moved in but i think it must have started off quietly and got louder because it wasnt as if it just started happening one day.

Thanks again.

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Similar plumbing topics

Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The hot is fed via either a communal cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A competent plumber will have the kit and...
Replies
Views
Back