Rushing water sound in pipes | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rushing water sound in pipes in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

A

Adam Saunders

Totally baffled by rushing water sound that can be heard throughout the house but particularly in the kitchen and bathroom (which is immediately above the kitchen). With the stopcock turned off, the sound diminishes but doesn't totally go away despite the fact that the water is totally off at all taps and cisterns. All the overflow pipes are totally dry too. This is has been going on for weeks and there are no leaks or signs of dampness anywhere that I can see, either inside or outside the house. There also doesn't appear to be any water going into the drains either. How can water be rushing around but apparently not going anywhere?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated - might finally get a decent night's sleep.

Dihydrogen Monoxide eh? Thanks for that guys - I'll just pop to B&Q for some tartan paint first, get something for the H20 problem whilst I'm there...

On a serious note, just getting somebody in to listen who has more knowledge than me (which wouldn't be difficult) sounds like a sensible suggestion. Thanks.

Just to emphasize on the previous post. Tape or use a rubber band to secure a piece of plastic bag/ bin liner etc...over the fawcet of your kitchen cold tap and turn off the mains from the street and turn on your cold tap. You should hear or see the plastic moving if there is a leak on the communication pipe as the negative pressure is applied.

Similar plumbing topics

Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
C
Do you have a water meter? If so, you can use...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, the problems been ongoing since we moved...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Back