Rusting rad on hot water circuit | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rusting rad on hot water circuit in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Woman has a rad that's rusting in the bathroom. It gets hot with the hot water.

It's been ages since I read about this on here and I can't remember but I have a feeling it needs to be a special type of rad? Just looks like standard CH rad.

Advises, if'n you please.

Is it from direct pipework? By that I mean, is it joined into direct primaries from an Aga or similar, with same water as the hot water inside the cylinder? If it is it obviously needs a brass or copper rad, which would be silly money.

It will more than likely just be piped off the primaries, so before it goes to the zone valves. Standard rads rust quicker in the bathroom due to the moisture and the fact people normally hang a wet towel on it.

Agree with above, if it is just rusting externally due to dampness, then that's normal & even some chrome towel rails can eventually have rust spots because they are steel.
You could either just fit a chrome towel or there are painted alloy rads that seem to withstand bathroom damp

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
Back