rusty water - toilet cistern | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss rusty water - toilet cistern in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polly57

We're about to move into a rented house here in Denmark and have discovered there is rust in the water. After running the tap for a while the water clears but what can we do about the water in the toilet cisterns? There are three loos in the house so I really would appreciate any advice you can give. Many thanks.

Don't know much about what is standard plumbing practice in Denmark but it sounds like the pipes may be iron. Pretty standard throughout a lot of the world. If the house has been empty for a wee while the rust will come through. As for the toilets just flush them a few times. Just remember to run a bit water through before filling anything. It is safe enough to boil for tea etc but you may be better with bottled water for drinking.
Speak with some neighbours or the landlord/agent.

Thank you for your incredibly quick reply! The house had in fact been empty for several months although recently painters and decorators have been in and it has, supposedly, been cleaned. I'll certainly try out your suggestion. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
Nope to silicon / putty I do it dry just...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Another great option. Thanks very much. I’ll...
Replies
Views
Back