S trap toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss S trap toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenangel

I have an S trap low level pan which I want to replace with a close coupled pan and cistern. What connection can I use from the back of the horizontal pan oulet to the existing connection which is flush with the bathroom floor. Any help or advice would be welcome. Daz

will the swan neck connect straight into the floor connection.

yes but you will need to check the size of your poo pipe first, it is probably 4" but check first

be careful when removing the old toilet especially if it is cemented in - the pottery and or mortar can break and fall down t'hole

Be careful to make sure that a closed coupled loo will go in place of the old one as sometimes the soil pipes are too far into the room for the closed coupled loo to push back against the wall. Some cc pans have waste outlets further forwards, otherwise your option is to either replace with another low level loo or build a box out from the wall to sit it against.

Be careful to make sure that a closed coupled loo will go in place of the old one as sometimes the soil pipes are too far into the room for the closed coupled loo to push back against the wall. Some cc pans have waste outlets further forwards, otherwise your option is to either replace with another low level loo or build a box out from the wall to sit it against.

gives a nice ledge for your reading material

I have an S trap low level pan which I want to replace with a close coupled pan and cistern. What connection can I use from the back of the horizontal pan oulet to the existing connection which is flush with the bathroom floor. Any help or advice would be welcome. Daz

I wouldn't bank on the swan neck fitting. You need to get the new pan in position and take it from there there are a few option the worst being moving the drain.

Thanks for all your help. The outlet is indeed a long way into the room and so would need to build a substantial box out, for the new cistern to attach too. You have given me some pointers and ideas so I can go forward now with more understanding, thanks.

Go for another Low level loo again. Boxing out IMO looks naff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
P
“Our builder” - I found your problem. I...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back