S-traps self Syphoning | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss S-traps self Syphoning in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I watched a video and it went in about S-traps self spyhoning after discharge and said they were band in the USA. This isn't the case in the UK?

Not that I am aware. I think as long as you test that it works when installed and there remains a minimum of 25mm trap seal then you're okay.

However, if you look at ADH, it does show all basins discharging horizontally or at a slight angle which implies that that is how it should ideally be, and there is some kind of standard shown in my level 3 book which states that the amount of vertical section on a basin waste should be a maximum of... nil. In practice, if your only choice is to discharge vertically because your basin and soil stack are on different walls, you would have to have a vertical drop. I don't really see that a P-trap and bend adjacent or an S-trap straight into a vertical section are going to be any different.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
personally I would run the waste in 50mm add a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A groundworker will normally do the whole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
thanks for the feedback, yes all new pipework...
Replies
Views
Back