Sabre 24 Combi Boiler Can anyone help? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sabre 24 Combi Boiler Can anyone help? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bm1289

Can anyone help?

Went to new boiler install the other day with reports from customer boiler has explosive ignition.
This occurs when boiler starts to ignite..then boom!
Checked gas/burner pressures,Flue and tried varioys flue restrictor rings!

Vokera stated it must be flue or minimum burner pressure but all seem ok.

Also gettin 0.00010 reading on FGA which l think is high on a brand new boiler.

Flue length is 1600mm,also notice gas connection is 15mm into boiler but 22mm piped to last 300mm under boiler.

The banging also calms down when boiler starts hot!

Any help appreciated

Cheers!

if its new kick it in have you had the flue apart? sounds to me as if it vitiating

if its a new install,why havent they called back the original installer,i would,nt get involved

Yes Gasman was thinking the same combustion gas entering fresh air mix or something but flue seems ok.

Wnjswozo guy who done job injured himself at football so l offered to have a look at it.

sabre 24 is this a band b? flues can only be run 3 meters taking into account any bends or deflectors you will get vitiation or in the case of a performa band b explosive ignition and lock out

No idea? Wouldnt have fitted it personally but some mothers do have them!

its not a condenser, re check flue,look in mi,s at soft light settings,check gas pressures min/max within spec,look in mi,s re flue restrictors if required

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Gasman! Think l will spend bit of time on flue etc as you have stated but got me baffled!

Thanks for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back