sabre 29he combi boiler not working after removing radiator | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss sabre 29he combi boiler not working after removing radiator in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derekg

Hi, just drained and removed 2 radiators from my living room so I can plaster my walls now my boiler is showing 0 bar and no hot water, can anyone give me any advise please.

Derek

you will need to re pressure the system what boiler / set up do you have combi or unvented cylinder?

Its a sabre 29he combi ,at the moment red light showing on boiler

you will see something like this below the boiler

28alrh2.jpg

to re fill turn both (there may only be one) valves so they are inline with the braided hose and you will see the gauge rise stop filling by turning the valve back to hosontal position when it reaches just over 1 Bar 1.2 ideal

All i did tonight was drained the water from the 2 radiators that i have in my living room, radiators still on the wall, still to cap the pipes, then the problem with the boiler.

All i did tonight was drained the water from the 2 radiators that i have in my living room, radiators still on the wall, still to cap the pipes, then the problem with the boiler.

yes doesn't take much to release the pressure out of the boiler, did your turn the valves off?

do i need to turn boiler off/on as its showing red light?

some you do some you dont but it should go out once you have a pressure of 1-1.2 bar on the dial

turned the valves off on the radiator

they might be passing so thats why your system pressure has dropped, you might have to cap the pipes for now and change the rad valves when you put the rad back on

trying to re pressure the system still showing 0 bar and a gurgling sound coming from the boiler

trying to re pressure the system still showing 0 bar and a gurgling sound coming from the boiler

yes keep going the gurgling sound is the air in the system you will have to bleed the rads afterwards

will i cap the pipes first before trying to re pressure the system or does it not matter and how long should it take to re pressure the system?

will i cap the pipes first before trying to re pressure the system or does it not matter and how long should it take to re pressure the system?

if you can cap the pipes first/ get new rad valve if you can as your ready drained down and you should see some movement in the needle within 3-5 mins

no probs will let you know how i get on thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Back