Safe silicone grease for kitchen mixer tap. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Safe silicone grease for kitchen mixer tap. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Guys,

We have a leaky kitchen mixer tap here which seems to be being caused by the plastic mixer valve/cartridge.

I had a search for the serial number but couldn't find anything matching so I thought I would take the valve apart, clean it and grease it up to see if that sorts it out.

As it is drinking water I am loathed to poison the family and am totally confused about what grease to use.

I have some of OKS 1110: 00111177 Xavax "OKS 1110" Multi Silicone Grease, 20 g | xavax.eu - https://www.xavax.eu/00111177/xavax-oks-1110-multi-silicone-grease-20-g?bySearch=oks%201110

Would this be safe to use?

Thanks for any help.

Andy

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree it's hard to know when you're buying a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply Shaun. That disgusting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You on a combi, unvented cylinder or gravity...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Cheers, I will give it a go. The local...
Replies
Views
Back