safe to leave isolation valve turned off on flexible pipe? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss safe to leave isolation valve turned off on flexible pipe? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I have a problem with my flexible pipes on my sink. They need replacing but we are going on holiday so won't be able to get this done till we get back. Is it safe to leave isolation valve turned off on flexible pipe connected taps for a longer period as it will be 2 weeks? Will it cause any issues or are they only supposed to be switched off for very short periods. Sorry if it's a silly question but I am a bit of a novice with plumbing.

Attachments

• isolator valve.jpg
    isolator valve.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 47
Some one next door to me turned uncapped isolation valves off and while he left room they turned on and flooded room lucky it was a bit of a bulding site
the sealing seal in valve sort of got spring loaded and opened valve back up.

turn the iso off eg horizontal and leave the tap open with everything still connected eg flexis

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Wow thanks, I never thought of redoing the bad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the tip. The joint pipe which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. Yes I did that with all of them and no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
Back