Salus RT500RF 868Mhz Unit Working When Switched OFF | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Salus RT500RF 868Mhz Unit Working When Switched OFF in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

andymanila

This Unit as beed installed for about 2 mths and was working ok,, having had one of these unit before, we no how it works,,, anyway my wife comes home from work and the house was boiling hot she told me,but the RF Unit Control was swithed off, as am at work told her to just switch the boilder of completey , thort to myself how come the boiler was on and the unit was off???. Boiler is a baxi 25HE comb Boiler 5 years old....This morning 25 july 2012, I could here the boiler running we are in bed,, takes a look at boiler its pumping away rads are hot. The main Unit is switched off, (No Display showing) completely OFF), the reciver is lit with Red and Green LEDs On...This unit was fitted stright out off the box, no Jumps changed,,, you could say,, ah your next door neighbours have same unit and it controling my boiler, they dont have wireless, and its 25 July 2012 we are having Summer and it hot so who would have there Heating on now.

Boiler had a new Board fitted the same day as this salus unit was installed,,, Cos of the Error code 163 on Baxi Boiler.
Does anyone have the answer,,,

thanks andy

Not familiar with the control you're talking about however the symptoms are the same caused by a faulty zone valve. Do you have such an object installed with your heating system? If not then something is producing a demand when it's not required. You may have to re-couple the sender and receiver of your wireless stat! :)

You need to check at the boiler to see if it is def getting a signal from the RF stat, if so then you know the RF is faulty. IMHO the Salus range is not the best and I have had plenty go wrong over the years. Get a sparky to test if you are no good with electrics, its a simple test and if found to be faulty, exchange for a new one as it should have a 12 month warranty on it.

I have identical problem. With same stat on WB 30 Si. It comes on at 3.30 every morning even though it's not set to come on. I think this may be common fault will call them on Monday. Let me know how you get on

This Unit as beed installed for about 2 mths and was working ok,, having had one of these unit before, we no how it works,,, anyway my wife comes home from work and the house was boiling hot she told me,but the RF Unit Control was swithed off, as am at work told her to just switch the boilder of completey , thort to myself how come the boiler was on and the unit was off???. Boiler is a baxi 25HE comb Boiler 5 years old....This morning 25 july 2012, I could here the boiler running we are in bed,, takes a look at boiler its pumping away rads are hot. The main Unit is switched off, (No Display showing) completely OFF), the reciver is lit with Red and Green LEDs On...This unit was fitted stright out off the box, no Jumps changed,,, you could say,, ah your next door neighbours have same unit and it controling my boiler, they dont have wireless, and its 25 July 2012 we are having Summer and it hot so who would have there Heating on now.

Boiler had a new Board fitted the same day as this salus unit was installed,,, Cos of the Error code 163 on Baxi Boiler.
Does anyone have the answer,,,

thanks andy

you could have a faulty unit also try changing the jumpers say leave 1 pull 2 leave 3 pull four ..and the same on the receiver..if all else fails any salus stockiest should change it without quibble try calling the help line . and for you that say these are poor quality controls ive had issues with all the brands on the market and salus are the only brand that let me swop 2 year old units . ive used hundreds and changed less than 10 in 5 years.

as a point of interest its posible to use this unit to control air conditioning so the stat cools or turns on when it goes over the room temp ..just a thought does nextdoor have air con ?

Fitted loads of them but had one that turned on and off when it felt like. Changed it for another one and its o.k. Maybe just a dodgy one that you got.

Similar plumbing topics

It is a Worcester Bosch panel that repaces the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the advice. Have removed the...
Replies
Views
Yea don’t hold the spanner as this isn’t for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are ALL radiator TRV,s are turned UP to MAX or...
Replies
Views
Back