Salus wireless thermostat may or may not be working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Salus wireless thermostat may or may not be working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

E

Emile

Iv had my combi boiler (Vaillant ecoTec pro 24)& Salus RT500RF wireless thermostat installed for 3/4 years. My boiler turns on & off by its self in the night when it should be off & turns on & off for 10-15 mins at a time when it should be on not giving my centrel heating system enough time to heat up. I would appreciate any help.

hello Scott D,
the boiler is located upstairs in a small cupboard against an external wall & the thermostat is downstairs & a few rooms over. It happens at random times of night, I think it's been doing it since the summer. Is the anti frost a boiler or thermostat setting? Also could it be wifi frequencies clashing?

That's correct ID they do one that plugs directly in the the facia of the new ecotec, cleared by vaillant for the ipx rating as for being compatible the jury's out lol

from what iv read Salus ain't very good, do you think it's the thermostat or the boiler? & when you read up on it what was the fix?

The first protection will turn the boiler on if the boiler or thermostat get too cold, as said above it's around 5 degrees. It's unlikely to be that if it happened in the summer.

sounds like an issue with the salus controls

Check the off temperature is low enough as these thermostats will turn on the heating if the temperature drops below that figure... I have a similar thing on honeywell were the customers is not informed how they work correctly.

Get someone to alter the dip switches on the stat and the reciever, have had this a few times and after they wee changed everything was fine

As above. It's the Salus programmer that is the problem. Remove one or two of the jumpers and ''depress'' corresponding switches on the other unit. That will sort the problem.

Similar plumbing topics

So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
Fixed. COM terminal on new receiver was...
Replies
Views
Hi, links don’t seem to work for me, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
From the crappy instructions I’ve found, it...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the advice. Have removed the...
Replies
Views
Back