Sani Split not working properly | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sani Split not working properly in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

H

HeatherN93

Hello, I have a Sani split in my house and it is not working as it should. When I flush the toilet, the sani split makes a loud humming noise as if the motor is running but the blades are not turning. The bowl empties very slowly and after 10 minutes or so it gives up and leaves the bowl half full. The strangest thing is that after about half an hour, it kicks back in, working perfectly and clears the bowl, bit then if you flush the toilet again it goes back to the strange humming sound mentioned earlier. My main problem is here I do not know who to call as it may be a loose connection somewhere and I don't know whether a plumber will fix issues to do with wiring and I will waste money on a call out when I need an electrician. The other problem is that either the previous owners of my house or my landlord have grouted the sani split into the floor tiles, so I cannot split it apart myself even if I wanted to.
Thank you in advance for any help

Our resident saniflow expert will be along shortly.

I had one similar but was jammed solid. Turned out to be the spring from a net curtain pole wedged inside. The customer had been poking it down the toilet. Ended up with a new unit as it burned out the motor. Also convinced me that I would not be fixing anymore :)

Few problems here ........... It`s recessed in to the floor tiles, most likey time for a new motor and it is not made by Saniflo but I do have a telephone number back at home for your landlord if you want it.

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back