Saniflo fitted to Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Saniflo fitted to Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

telico99

I want to fit a Saniflo mascerator onto a soil pipe. I have 2 flats with wc, shower, sinks & washing maching that feed into the 4" soil pipe. This soil pipe goes into a manhole that is blocked and needs rebuilt. I want to fit a Saniflo onto the sewer pipe before it enters the manhole, this outlet pipe will feed into another (working) manhole. This will be a temporary fix for a few months while the manhole is rebuilt.
A Saniflo is normally fitted onto the back of a wc pan, I want to put it further along the soil pipe route? In theory it should be the same as the inlet is still a 4" pipe. I asked the Saniflo technical help line, they said the only risk would be if the solids were slow to arrive in the Saniflo unit and didn't get pumped away immediately. They could then become "hard and crusty", but I don't think this is likely in my situation.
Has anyone tried to fit a Saniflo in a situation like this?

Putting it further down the line should't be a drama... how much further though? Also with all those appliances going into 1 then the chances of it going hard/crusty are pretty slim! Just make sure you have enough drop on the pipe to make sure the little floaters are'nt creeping up to the mascerator and actually get a bit of speed up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate, thats really helpful photo, and...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back