Santon unvented cylinder. | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Santon unvented cylinder. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
hi G3 qualified but unsure how to join the private forum. Just didn’t want to post in the public forum.
santon 210 indirect with low pressure at the outlets and a banging noise.
Changed the combination valve which sorted the pressure drop issue but the noise persists.
Static pressure is 4.5 bar on outside tap. All other feeds are balanced after the combination valve. Cylinder in 3rd floor. The pressure at the on the expansion vessel was 3.3 bar. Dropped to 3 bar. Rumbling, banging Noise still there. Dropped to 2.5 bar, noise stopped on all taps bar the bath tap which would produce a short thud when turned on.
Left it for the day but she txt tonight to say the noise was back at all taps and slightly louder.
I’m at a loss. Has any1 had an experience like this Or advise? I will ring technical in the morning.
The cylinder outta casing lid as come away from the cylinder. Unsure if this is linked.

Thank you.

What’s the pipe work like clipped etc ?

Might be worth removing it and pumping it upto 4-5 bar just to check if the rubber isn’t stuck on the outside wall due to it over expanding due to low pre charge

Thanks Shaun. Will try that.
is that anything to worry about?

Attachments

• F20D3E62-9587-4F34-A38C-B358519AB71A.jpeg
    F20D3E62-9587-4F34-A38C-B358519AB71A.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 18
No fine insulation expanding

Yes. I'm g3 - have been for a few years. When I tried to get in to the private forum my messages to admin (Not sean) were unanswered.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Chuck. The cylinder was supplied by BG...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It won't be your expansion vessel, more than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Back