Santon Unvented Direct PP120E - Help Please | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Santon Unvented Direct PP120E - Help Please in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bridog

Hi everyone,

I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system.

On the PP120E:
  • Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected to a wall mounted timer.
  • Upper thermostat is set to 3 out of 5 and connected to a wall mounted Boost button.

Through some trial & error, I have found that the Upper thermostat is always activated and heating the water, regardless of the Boost button being switched On or Off. I assume it cuts off at the set temperature (3 out of 5).

I am trying to cut down on energy costs and not have the immersion running outside of the timer function.

Questions
1. Is it safe to have the temperature gauges set to different temperatures on each thermostat?

2. If yes, and I set the Upper thermostat to 1, will it stop heating the water when I don't need it on?

3. Is there any way to use the Boost button / Upper thermostat as purely a boost function?

Hopefully that all makes sense. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Is the water in your area known for be very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's fine, I get it he's a sh*t however the...
Replies
Views
H
I think you are right, with electric heating...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I cannot see the photo's but from your...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back