saunier duval - central heating but dodgy hot water | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss saunier duval - central heating but dodgy hot water in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrr1

My SD combi (Semia Condens I think) is almost 5 years old. Through most of the year everything is great. Over the past couple of winters its started playing up. When you open a hot tap you've got to open the tap almost fully before the system senses flow and fires the boiler up. It seems that the colder the weather the more pronounced this gets. When the boiler does kick in the hot water is only really tepid - not hot. For the past few days I've had to dial up the CH thermostat a degree or two so the central heating kicks in. When that happens the boiler kicks in again and I can get as much hot water as I like out the taps - scalding hot too!

I'm wondering if theres a flow sensor that looks for signs of hot water tap flow thats simply being a bit stubborn? As I say when the boiler is heating the CH water the tap water is lovely and hot but without the CH in operation all I get is lukewarm water and even then I've got to almost fully open the hot tap before the boiler "clicks in". The boiler is next to a sink so its not hard to open / shut the hot tap and listen out / watch for different things.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

also - another question - would the DV change how much the hot water tap needs to be turned on to bring the boiler into action? Sorry for asking so many questions - just that money things are really tight and I want to be doubly sure before I start trying to fix things.....

cheers

it diverts water around a plate heat exchanger and creates hot water,when it fails users can normally get hot water with the heating on probably a nightmare to replace on a saunier duval

incidentally if theres a boiler engineer in the s****horpe region who fancies a bit of a sunday job I can very easily pay in copious amounts of Sentinel x100 / 200 / 300 / 400 etc.....

gas man - you're a star!

Just taken the head off the diverter housing - the retaining clip was wet and corroded and just snapped - you can plainly see the diaphragm rod only touches the microswitch when the waters on full blast. I've ordered a diaphragm kit - all I need to know now is how do I fit it?

Other than isolating the boiler and cold water infeed what else do I need to shut down / turn off?

(looks a bit of a b**ch, mind, about eight screws around the diverter housing with no obvious way to get to then straight on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
L
Replies
Views
G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
Back