Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E Expansion Tank | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E Expansion Tank in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwaring

Hi

I have just had an engineer round to service our Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E boiler & he tells me that the expansion tank is shot & I will need a new boiler as it uneconomical to replace.

Can I replace this part my self or does break the rules?

I'm told a new boiler is £1200 minimum

Thanks

Well you can not replace the internal boiler expansion vessel as you must not work on the boiler if not gas safe reg
However if it is not leaking you can just leave as is and fit an external vessel on the pipework below the boiler,this will do the same job

I take it the engineer did try re priming the internal expansion vessel ?

It wasn't the greatest boiler in the world, but if that is all that is wrong with it, it should not uneconomical to repair. If there are other problems, then its possible. You don't need many things to go wrong on a boiler before the aggregate cost of repair outstrips the cost of replacement.

Don't work inside the boiler case yourself without being GasSafe Registered, but seek a second opinion, or fit external expansion, as mentioned by drip-dry.

Both above posts have hit the nail on the head. A combination of problems might make it economically sensible to replace rather than repair but I'd be looking at fitting an external vessel as the least-cost option if that's the only issue..

Mind you, £1200 for a boiler swap is pretty cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No I wouldn’t, as that’s just chucking parts...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
E
new boiler. fit a baxi. its not repairable
Replies
Views
My advice is to arrange a visit from A gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Back