Scalding Hot Tap Water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Scalding Hot Tap Water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

I hope someone can help with this as I am all out of ideas.

I have a customer who has been complaining of tap water which is too hot. He lives in a flat and has a Potterton system boiler, a cylinder and a motorised valve. I have replaced the tank stat and set the new one to 60 degrees. Still the water is too hot. His central heating has been switched off the whole time. The cylinder is foam-insulated so is not ancient by any means.

Any suggestions more than welcome.

Cheers

Paul

Have you measured the temp at the outlets? Could be he's a low threshold for hot water. Had a job like that once where a guy in a building kept complaining about high water temps. Turned out he was the only one that worked there who was affected.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It would help to know what type of system you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
It looks that way I'm afraid ☹️
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
Back